Foo's Girls Face Off

In a world exclusive, Ronan Keating and Boyzone reunited on The X Factor stage tonight performing with our Top 8.

Singing a medley of Boyzone songs, Ronan left the judging panel to join his UK boy band members for a big opening number with the show’s contestants. Also performing tonight were Capital Cities and Karmin.

However it was also time to say goodbye to Redfoo’s second Under 24 Female contestant, Joelle.

22-year-old Joelle was in the bottom two alongside Foo’s other remaining contestant Jiordan Tolli and following a huge showdown, the judges chose to send Joelle home.

Even though her version of Concrete Blonde’s Joey got great feedback from the judges it wasn’t enough to save her.

Foo said, “It's unbelievable but I know Joelle is going to have so much success because she's just getting better and better. I'm so proud of her.”

On leaving the show, Joelle said, “I've learnt so much from being on the show and had so much fun working with everyone. I will miss everybody but I wish them well and will keep making music.”

Next, the remaining seven finalists will hit the stage for ‘Heroes Week', performing songs from their musical heroes that have personal significance.

To catch up on all the performances and episodes click here.

1. John Wills07:50pm Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

The Sing Off between an out of tune & out of time Jiordan and a sultry "IN TUNE" and "IN TIME" Joelle was just a joke. Other than last Sunday night the judges gave Joelle heaps & heaps every time she performed...Why did the judges pick Joelle in the first place to be on X Factor. Something must not have been going well off camera !!!!!

2. tess02:25pm Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

One sings awfully on vote night and worse on sing off and gets to stay. One sings good on vote night and stronger on sing off and judges say bye bye. Loelle did alright considering the terrible song choices, but better with her own choice. Kind of like Dami not even making the cut and now doing great. This show has lost integrity.

3. Solomon01:30pm Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

X Factor getting a bit boring, songs last 2-3 mi nutes but the yakety-yak goes on and on. Stop boring us get on and get it done and dusted within an hour.

4. CharlieCooke12:44pm Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

I think the judges know full well who are being placed in the bottom 2 this week, I just wish they would get on with it then maybe the program wouldn't overrun by 20 minutes.

5. angel12:10pm Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Joelle is amazing-a sultry voice. Jiordan should go home-I cringe when she sings ALWAYS out of tune!!!!! What is it with these judges?

6. Ainsley11:00am Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Joelle is gone. I'm surprised that nobody voted for Jiordan to go. They liked the stripped back Joelle and they didn't like Jiordan's performance on Sunday. The time that they actually like Joelle and this happens. Something doesn't sound right to me.

7. PANTH0310:46am Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Totally agree wth CB. Jai should not have been there. Xfactor needs to draw the line in age. He is too young and his voice has not matured. Wht they are trying to do is look for a Australian Justin Beaver!! And he is getting lots of symphaty votes. Dami and Taylor is the best but i think they already made up their minds who is the winner. Glad Joelle is gone she has such a croaky voice!! HORRIBLE!!!

8. Julia10:45am Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Joelle deserved to stay on that performance, she connected, she was passionate and her voice sounded the best I have ever heard it, I think Jordan is a personal favorite however overall Jordan has been the better performer that might be why the judges went with her???

9. CB10:07am Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

As much as I wasn't a fan of Joelle, I wish Jai was gone by now. I don't think he is a great singer and he should never have even made it this far - must be the young kids voting for him. This show is about making careers, he is too young to handle this now and could ruin his life. I hope Dami wins, she is sensational.

10. Ken09:59am Wednesday 25th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Sorry people, I don't trust this low grade show any more. Why? they are not It was just another example those Judges had already knew the Result before the night, they knew Joelle and Jordan is the bottom two, and they have already decided who they want out, even Joelle was performed much better than Jordan for the last song. I was so sorry for the Judges, sorry that they tried to act like Real on the screen, but they are very poor actors.