It’s time. To face. The judges’ song choice.

The Live Shows begin SUNDAY 6.30pm, and in the words of 2012 winner Samantha Jade, “There you are like a flamethrower to my heart yeah. Got the things that I need to make it start.”

In this case, the things we’ve got include = spotlights, microphones, a smoke machine, the Top 12, the judges, Luke Jacobz, a stage, cameras... we could go on. But we won’t. Because we know why you’re here - you want to know the tunes Dannii, Natalie, Redfoo and Ronan have chosen for their contestants to perform. As is tradition, the first Live Show will be Judges’ Choice, so let’s get into it! Can you guess which contestant will be performing which song?‘Everything Has Changed’ - Taylor Swift / Ed Sheeran
‘Run the World (Girls)’ - Beyonce
‘I Won't Let You Go’ - James Morrison
‘#thatPOWER’ - will.i.am ft. Justin Bieber
‘Sweet Nothing’ - Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch
‘When I Get You Alone’ - Robin Thicke
‘Numb’ - Usher
‘Addicted to Love’ - Robert Palmer
‘One’ - U2
‘Smile’ - Lily Allen
‘Fix You’ - Coldplay
‘Songbird’ - Fleetwood MacSee you Sunday, 6.30pm on Channel 7. It can’t come quickly enough!

1. rod.brink04:37pm Thursday 05th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Song choice is important, but in the USA last Xfactor, Carly Rose Sonenclar sang every performance to perfection with tremendous talent and entertainment appeal... and will be a super star despite a mediocre country singer winning. Looks like song choice won't help much with whats left.

2. rod.brink04:34pm Thursday 05th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Hey Australia... how about voting for real entertainers who's music you would buy??? The best go out first? What a shame. Lots of folks will follow Cat Vas to get her next album. The judges mess up letting Vendulka go and Straight up... now Cat Vas goes... The program is just about ruined now for this year.

3. rod.brink04:29pm Thursday 05th September 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Vendulka, Cat Vas, Joelle are three of the best.. if you consider whether or not you would buy an album by them. Cat Vas sick or not was one of the best. Her audition and super bootcamp showed that.... wow! This years Xfactor is now so much less without Cat and Vendulka. Joelle is one of the best left. I agree, Straight up was very entertaining... what a mistake to let them go. I hope Kelebek goes far, she is a natural entertainer. None of the rest would motivate me to buy an album...

4. DeeMor06:50am Sunday 25th August 2013 ESTReport Abuse

This show sure has slipped. I think Jai is far too young to get to final 12. (They prob think he'll boost viewers - to the contrary, I think they're allowing him to 'pip off' some mighty fine mature talent.) In fact none of the final 12 are THAT good. T was the best singer, but he was a blubbering idiot; sobbed at the drop of a hat.....(uncool!) If it wasn't for Redfoo, I would have been gone weeks ago. Yeah baby!

5. ciara09:27pm Saturday 24th August 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Can I just say, I feel the X-Factor this season is lacking in well.. X-Factor. I do think that Jai, a 14 year old boy, should've been eliminated, though told of his talent, because its no denying he is talented. But eliminating Tee, I believe, was a mistake. With Dannii, eliminating Tyler, I thought was a mistake. I think Omar could've been let go after his cheesy performance of "Let's Get it On." I mean, head nodding at Kelly O? Really? Nat has already, I feel, let her chances of winning slowly go out the window. Adira Belle? Is anyone else over this I don't know if its only me, but I don't feel THIRD D3GREE are the right choice - especially over Straight Up! I don't think that the group works, as it will always be Kelebek, and Jacinta competing over each other for top spot, while Jordan stands there, though I admit he can be good. I think the only person, who made rational decisions was Redfoo. Jiordan, Joelle, and Emily have the best chances of winning. I'm not expecting much of this season's X-Factor. Ronan will have a chance.

6. Jean07:06pm Saturday 24th August 2013 ESTReport Abuse

I'm really shocked after hearing that Jai Waetford a 14 year old kid made the top 12 over grown men such as Wil Perret. What's happening to the show

7. Nadine Mitchell04:22pm Saturday 24th August 2013 ESTReport Abuse

I think Nat Bas is the idiot again, she always lets the good ones go. This time she cut the band Straight Up, and they were bloody good, full of energy and potential winners, with a lot to give. Last year she also cut Vendulka . One year Nat you will learn, maybe then you might actually win a category.

8. Suzanne01:37pm Saturday 24th August 2013 ESTReport Abuse

what an idiotic show full stop just a bunch of try hards

1 Reply
  9. EmmanuelE10:49am Saturday 24th August 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Jiordan- ‘Everything Has Changed’ Adira Belle- ‘Run the World (Girls)’ Taylor- ‘I Won't Let You Go’ 3rd Degree- ‘#thatPOWER’ Elle- ‘Sweet Nothing’ JTR- ‘When I Get You Alone’ Omar- ‘Numb’ - Usher Barry- ‘Addicted to Love’ Dami- ‘One’ - U2 Joelle- ‘Smile’ - Lily Allen Jai- ‘Fix You’ - Coldplay Cat- ‘Songbird’ - Fleetwood Mac

10. Daniela05:20am Saturday 24th August 2013 ESTReport Abuse

When I get you alone: Barry (so predictable for Dannii, but it fits her voice perfectly)