The Return of Carmelo

How do you feel about re-joining the competition?

I am really excited, it’s awesome! I am completely shocked to have a second chance – it has never happened in Australian X Factor history.

Why do you think you were selected?

I think it was because Mel found my main problem to be confidence. She really seems to be the best mentor for that type of thing – to give you a good kick up the bum if you need.

Are you looking forward to working with Mel B again?

Yeah we are actually getting along quite well now. You know, it has been a bit rough on her: she has been very stressed. But we are doing well and everything is getting better and better.

Are you excited to move into The X Factor apartments and be reunited with the other contestants?

Definitely, they are all my friends and we all get along. Things just haven’t been the same for me without them. The whole dynamic between the group is what I have really missed.

Who would say are your closest friends out of the remaining contestants?

I get along with everyone quite well, although I am quite close with Fourtunate, Angel and Julian because of the ensemble performance we did together at bootcamp. Most of the boys in The Collective - who I spent time with at bootcamp - are really good mates too.

Watch Carmelo's first live performance:

1. Vivian07:24pm Thursday 27th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

I am so excited about Carmelo being back - couldn't believe Mel superstar didn't pick him... And just listen to him... she (Mel) is under a lot of stress - concerned... You are an amazing young man, Carmelo and I will vote for you. Good luck!

2. Michelle09:49am Thursday 27th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

So glad that Carmello is back as he has a great voice and deserves to be there. However, I feel even though he is a great singer..the judges react to him just how Simon Cowell reacted to Susan Boyle when she first come on stage (ie first impressions of a person from looks and how they behavioured on stage)..but then judges cannot be right all the time can they as they were wrong and just superficial. Look what happened to Susan Boyle she landed a recording contract, concerts and interview all around the world. Keep up the great work Camello...I will be voting for you as you have TALENT!

3. lozza04:46am Thursday 27th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Carmelo you must be thinking there is a god,myself I think a huge error has been put right by fate,you are far more then a singer you entertain people and that's a gift only two others in X factor have and all 3 of you are humble that's yourself, Jason and Justin no need to say what your qualities are you know them,Jason is just a great personality treats everyone like an old friend,and Jason just moves people when he sings those big songs and he like you and Jason are just happy guys and it rubs off on those you entertain, it infects everybody around you . .

4. metallic07:01pm Wednesday 26th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Carmelo the voice is back........ I cannot wait to get your music.

5. J F10:29am Wednesday 26th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Let them choose the kind of song they like to sing so the judges will be safe from public scrutinize. Some of the contestants were'nt happy to sing the song being picked for them. Shiane has been given a songs she was not familiar of (poor thing). And I pity Bella, the song she sang was definitely not a party song. Natalie, what are you thinking? You're wasting Bella's amazing voice. Give them a decent songs for goodness sake!

6. Ray09:56am Wednesday 26th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Jason sounds like James Taylor and yet the choices of songs for him are bad,and Nat picks the worst songs for Bella. She has a great voice but has not been given the chance to really express her self. Is she allowed to choose her own clothes? I am dissapointed with the choose of songs by the mentors, they just do not seem to highlight the artists voices.

7. ~Sammy~09:43am Wednesday 26th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

I am glad they chose Carmello to come back.. I like carmello and I like is voice but sorry he is NOT as good as Josh.. Also Nat needs to start getting her act together and STOP giving Shiane such #$%$ song choices it is not fair.. I hated Bella's performance this week and she totally killed an awesome song she should be ashamed of that performance and once again NAT and her #$%$ song choices didn't help bella either.. Still don't think bella should still be there in the first place though after her disasters at bootcamp and then also being on the twitcam with josh and adil.. send her home too

8. lozza07:55am Wednesday 26th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

I personally think that the song choices of some of the mentors are designed to make the contestant look bad ,I really do, Shianne has been given two hopeless songs, and giving a cowboy a queen song come on get real ,and poor Jason what is it with the songs Mel B is giving him ,the only ones getting the right kind of songs to sing are the groups,if you want the groups to win just send everyone else home , or start giving them the right kind of songs to sing, far to many bad song choices so far and this is only second week of live shows.