Christina is voted out!

We promised you a dramatic show and boy did we deliver!

In a huge turn-up for the books, Reece and Christina, two of the competition’s so-called favouites found themselves battling it out against each other in the bottom two.

The drama was all the more heightened when you consider the close bond the two of them had built over the weeks in the competition, and the fact that both of them have consistently delivered the goods on stage on a Monday night.

During last night’s Ultimate Dance Party Christina was praised by the judges and ‘welcomed back’ into the competition after delivering a barnstorming rendition of David Guetta/Kelly Rowland's "When Love Takes Over" (watch it here).

The judges could not fault Reece’s performance last night, his vocals were spot-on as always, but Ronan did remind the 16-year-old that he wanted to “see something different” next time.

But surely nobody could have predicted this pair of talented teenagers would find themselves in the bottom two against each other at this stage of the competition.

Christina’s survival song was Avril Lavigne’s "I’m With You" and she sang her heart out, as if her life depended on it.

It was then Reece’s turn to sing for his life, as he belted out Bon Jovi’s "Always".

After Mel and Guy had opted to save their own acts, and Ronan had decided to save Reece, Nat had to send Reece home if Mel B was to keep her last act in the competition.

Whether it was judge tactics or just what she felt in her heart, Nat decided to send Christina home, and with that, sadly, we lost our resident rock chick.

1. Jesse09:30pm Wednesday 19th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

HAHAHAHAHA I didn't even watch the show and I think thats disappointing hahaha love the quote x factor put up "we promised you a dramatic show and boy did" blah blah, like that's what the general public of Australia like to go to bed thinking about LOL. hahaha i just made a yahoo account to post this.

2. 09:52pm Tuesday 15th November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

I absolutely agree with the comment made by Olga. I love X-Factor and watch it every week. There is some amazing talent for sure. Wont I dont like is the fact that such talent is booted every week, and in the bottom,when some of us use our apparant 'x-factor' cant sing and show my bod to gain popularity im sorry this may work for some but not me. Good luck to Christina, Reece, who are absolutely amazing good luck guys

3. clondic04:04pm Tuesday 15th November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Guys what about tonite who is going home?I want reece to stay.I think he has the x factor

4. kim07:57pm Saturday 12th November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Christina was brilliant, so too Declan- it seems to me that this show is good at weeding out the real talent and promoting the average. That is why I will not bother to put myself through the agony any longer -this show is typical -a lot of hype.

5. Olga09:30pm Monday 07th November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

First time i have seriously watched the X Factor and enjoyed the competition up till now and realise it is a waste of time when contestants that cant sing a note are still in the show and talented people are voted off! Cant be bothered with it and wont be watching it again. U realize i'm talking bout Christina and Reece being in the bottom 2 and Christina being voted off when Declan is still in the competition was enough for me thankyou.

6. Trish10:19pm Thursday 03rd November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

NO SURPRISE......it's always the one's who can't sing that make it to the end. Apart from Reece & Christina no-one else has the x factor. You're kidding yourself judges if you think anyone else has the x factor. You kept Ruffo in & he can't sing but he can dance.... You cannot make a star.... A star is born!!!! If Reece doesn't win the comp....there's something seriously wrong with this show & no way I'll ever watch coming shows....truly upsetting!

7. peter01:09pm Thursday 03rd November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

I think this has proved the point that the competition is between the selfish judges and not the performers. We are supposed to be searching for a star well another one bites the dust. Wonder how much the judges get if one of their acts win??? corrupt

8. aussie11:59am Thursday 03rd November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Hey did anyone notice that prior to the show on Tuesday that it was announced that the elimination would be a major shock to the competition? That was a publicity stunt to get the viewers in.

9. mani narayana a08:14am Thursday 03rd November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Christina going out of competition is a shock. We do not feel like watching the show any more except for Reece, who is another Star definitely.

10. mani narayana a08:11am Thursday 03rd November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

It is a shame that Christina is voted out. She and Reece are real stars in the show. I feel that the show is not bringing out the Real Talent or X-factor in the show by eliminating the most lovely talented stars and keeping the average singers in the group. Secondly I also feel Mel has been all the time tough to singers making nasty remarks and throwing her fancy gestures which might have worked against Christina. I feel Natalie and Mel are mostly responsible for Christina's elimination.