Mitchell Leaves the show

Tonight the remaining seven acts kicked off the show with a Savage Garden medley, alongside the one and only Darren Hayes.

Global chart phenomenon Aloe Blacc then took to the stage to perform his enormous smash hit "I Need A Dollar", and received a rapturous ovation from the studio audience.

Darren Hayes then returned to the stage to sing his new track "Bloodstained Heart", but not before Luke had read out those all-important results, revealing that tonight’s sing-off would be between Johnny and Mitchell.

Mitchell was out first and delivered a tender rendition of the country hit "I Won't Let Go" the Rascal Flatts, followed by Johnny’s high-octane cover of Michael Jackson’s "Billie Jean".

For the third week in a row the judges couldn’t agree on which act to send home, and so it was left to the public vote to decide.

With the lowest amount of public votes, Luke declared Mitchell was the sixth act to leave the show. Check out the tense elimination below, and for more X Factor vids, click here.

1. colleen08:04am Thursday 26th January 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Mitchell has a fantastic country voice which was what got him selected in the first round ,then they tried to change his style of singing to suit them . Don't give up Mitchell , stick to what you are comfortable with . You are as good a country singer as I have ever heard and you will go a long way.just keep cool.

2. Feminina02:32pm Tuesday 01st November 2011 ESTReport Abuse

The voting system for elimination shows needs to be changed. For example: the judges vote if it's their act. The fourth vote should be the public vote (ie whoever got the most votes from the previous night's performance). If there is a tie, there needs to be a system in place so the live studio audience can vote on the spot. This would make it much more exciting, more democratic and a vote wouldn't be wasted by the mentor always voting to keep his or her act in the show.

3. 11:33pm Thursday 27th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

I think the competitipn needs to be judged on talent not popularity. Also as it is supposed to be a competition, I think the judges need to pick the best act,not save their own artist. I have no idea what Mel and Guy were thinking of, they certainly were not judging on talent. That is now three of the top talent gone. Young Mens Society,Audio Vixen and now Mitchell.

4. Kazzaatguma10:33pm Thursday 27th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Well I heard the name Callaway many times from the kids, so had to tune in to Xfactor. You did yourself proud, every performance was great even though you were going outside your comfort zone. Like many of the other comments say, the show won't hold the same interest for me now you have gone. Work that smile and keep up the hard work and I am sure there will be success in your future.

5. Luis07:36pm Thursday 27th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

What a gutless wonder you are Ronan, did not have the guts to give it to Johnny , only voted for Mitchell so he wouldn't have to face any criticism and wash your hands, I don't think you should be a judge. I'm sure we have better Aussie talent that could do a better judge's job. As for Mitchell, great talent but doubt he'll do anything with it.

6. veronika04:27am Thursday 27th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

u rock ANDREW YOur voice is by far the best, and please mitchell may have had a voice but his persona was like that of a depressed man not an X factor winner good luck Andrew U DESERVE TO WIN

7. Kylie08:46pm Wednesday 26th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Good on you Mitchell from giving it ago. Mitchell you should try Tamworth next year in January 20th - 29th for Country Music Festival and enter in, I'm sure you will go far you already have your name out there by being on xfactor, don't give up just keep trying and stay focused on what you want, all the best!!

8. Tanya06:55pm Wednesday 26th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Not worth watching now Mitchells gone. I'm sure it's rigged

9. PETER05:36pm Wednesday 26th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Hmmm, Ok, I guess the one judge wants to send Johnny to Vegas to do a Michael Jackson show, because all of his dance moves have been done before by someone pretty famous....let me see....Oh yeh...the Great Michael Jackson did them, but 2 judges on the panel seem to think Johnny has got the x-factor with showing us something new and vibrant....way to go!!!!!...

10. NISHANTHI05:09pm Wednesday 26th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

It's so dissapointing to see that you were gone last night.I watch the x factor to see you singing .What a great voice that you are gifted with.Don't give up Michelle.You are born for the music industry.Though foolish and deaf Mel could't see it.YouR voice can pierce anybody's heart.What a great performance last night......It's ridiculous to see judges giving this kind of judgements.......Disgusting.....Stand against this injustice......show your talents to the whole world Michelle............