YMS leave the show!

The show began to the toe-tapping rhythms of Michael Jackson, as our final eight and Jason Derulo performed a medley of the King of Pop’s hits.

We then welcomed reigning X Factor champion Altiyan Childs back to The X Factor stage to perform his new track "Ordinary Man" before megastar Jason Derulo returned to sing two songs "It Girl" and "Don’t Wanna Go Home" from his new album 'Future History'.

It was then the moment we had all been waiting for… the results!

The judges were shocked when the votes revealed that YMS and Declan were in the bottom two, with Ronan and Guy especially claiming that the wrong acts had made it into the bottom two.

YMS, finding themselves in the bottom two for a second time gave it everything they had as they delivered a slick performance of the Jagged Edge/Run DMC track "Let’s Get Married".

Not to be outdone, Declan came out fighting and performed a unique take on Oasis’ "Wonderwall".

The judges were unable to call it, and with the deciding vote Natalie took it to deadlock.

The act with the least amount of votes would be sent home, and when Luke eventually announced the result, it was YMS who left the stage to pack their bags.

1. Ren06:57pm Thursday 20th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

if this is how the australian public vote i m gonna have to stop watching coz for all i know the wrong acts are being sent home every week. its going to be a big joke at the end of the competition very disappointed

2. Sparrow06:43pm Thursday 20th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

The two best are now gone, Audio Vixen and now YMS. I hope they pick up a recording contract somewhere, they are a pleasure to watch and should still be in this contest.

3. 07:39am Thursday 20th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Altiyan Childs would NEVER have won last years XFactor if Natalie had been on the panel last year if thats the case. He was in bottom 2 a couple of times. No Natalies elimination reasoning lacked conviction and was weak. Definitely hidden agenda protecting her 2 acts.

4. 07:34am Thursday 20th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Just want to add I would have had NO problem if Natalie had gone to deadlock IF her reasoning and opinion were that Declan was better. But to take it to deadlock because "Um, ok I've got to make a decision, well you know YMS have been in the bottom 2 twice so I'll go to the public vote."

5. saeed06:49pm Wednesday 19th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Xfactor are getting more and more boring to watch every week with judges' decisions.

6. saeed06:46pm Wednesday 19th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Last week Audio vixen, this week YMS. What is going on Australia? The best one in xfactor, YMS, eliminated. The best one vs. the weakest one (Decklen). The best one must leave????????? Disappointed!!!!!!

7. Han06:09pm Wednesday 19th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

I think the public hated the judges when they criticised Jonny or Mitchell or three wishes, therefore, they voted for them just the way to express themselves to show judges were wrong nd because of their reaction, their forgot to vote for the best performances of the night. Simple like that. Sorry for YMS or Declan.

8. Kay02:07pm Wednesday 19th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

I think that Nat made the right decision of taking it to deadlock...because she loves them both and couldn't make the decision. But i think that both YMS and Declan shouldn't have been in the bottom 2. They're the best of them all and to see them both in the bottom 2 made me cry. It's sad to see two amazing groups voted out twice in a row. First Audio Vixen and now YMS. I hope YMS continues their journey and not give up because they're the most amazing boys and most talented. And damn they can dance, I just wished it was 3wishez instead. I don't understand why 3Wishez are still in. They suck and get bad comments most of the time. Btw Sophia should put on some pants coz she really puts me off. She's not Lady Gaga!

9. Anth12:30pm Wednesday 19th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

How ridiculous, surely you backlash toward Natalie has something to do wish envy or jealousy. Nat did not evict YMS she made the right decision in allowing Australia to speak. I personally watch the show for the entertainment of which the judges are a big part of and Although I previously was never a real fan of Nats, I must say her personality has shone through and now I think she is fantastic. If you guys don't like the results, don't blame the judges, vote more to protect your favorites.

10. 12:05pm Wednesday 19th October 2011 ESTReport Abuse

Oops sorry correction based Mel said "Mel summed it up best "This programme is meant to be about finding which act would have the most world wide appeal. Based upon that I's sending home Declan."