- Preparation time:
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup dried dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Place nuts in a food processor and blend until well ground.
- Add dates, cocoa/cacao, coconut oil, chia seeds, vanilla and cinnamon and blend until well combined. If you need to adjust quantities of ingredients to reach a consistency that’s easy to roll into balls, then do so.
- Roll mixture into approximately 10 bite sized balls and roll in desiccated coconut.
- Refrigerate to firm up a little. Can be frozen.
The Fussy Kids Cook Book
As busy mums we know how frustrating and disappointing it can be when you prepare healthy food for your children and they reject it! You don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen preparing different meals for everyone and you probably don’t want to offer unhealthy options, even though you know your children may eat them.
The Healthy Mummy, Australia’s largest parenting site for expectant and new mothers has just released a brand new cookbook designed for parents with ‘fussy eaters’.
The Fussy Kids Cookbook contains over 75 healthy recipes, practical strategies, ideas and tips to assist parents in managing fussy eating behaviour to alleviate stress and anxiety for parents and children.
• Between 20-50% of developing children exhibit fussy eating behaviors
• Up to 85% of children with developmental disabilities can exhibit fussy eating behaviors.
• Fussy eating can emerge from 2-3 years old and persist through to pre-adolescence.
• Eating strategies for parents to stretch their child beyond current eating comfort zone and into being a competent eater.
• Step by step guide to get children through transition and progression stages.
• Dietary guide for a balanced diet – what kids should be eating and what they shouldn’t.
The whole family can enjoy The Fussy Kids Cookbook recipes and many come with tips and ideas on how you can present and prepare food to encourage fussy eaters to try new things.
Recipes in the book range from breakfast, lunch, dinner and healthy treats and smoothies.