- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (110g) white (granulated) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ²⁄³ cup (190g) smooth peanut butter
- 175g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (70g) unsalted peanuts
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- store-bought vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugars, egg, vanilla, peanut butter, butter, chocolate and peanuts in a large bowl and mix to combine. Divide the mixture between 8 x 10cm (1-cup-capacity) heavy-based ovenproof frying pans (skillets) and press to cover the bases evenly, coming halfway up the sides of the pans. Place on a large baking tray
- (see Cook’s Tip, page 150) and cook for 15–18 minutes or until golden brown and still slightly soft in the centre. Allow to cool slightly, sprinkle with salt and serve with ice-cream. Serves 8.
If viewers want to cook the cookie and they don't have 8 skillet pans they can just divide the mixture into 8 balls. Place two cookies at a time on a lined baking tray and flatten to 10cm. Leaving room for spreading, as they spread quite a lot, which is why we only cook two at a time.
Cook for 15 minutes, at 180C. The recipe still makes 8!