Seacrest says he supports the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements.
Ryan Seacrest is once again denying the sexual misconduct allegations leveled against him, claiming his accuser asked him for money on multiple occasions.
The American Idol host’s latest statement comes from his former stylist Suzie Hardy going public with detailed accusations, telling Variety that Seacrest inappropriately groped her throughout their time working together.
Hardy’s claims previously prompted an investigation by E! The network announced earlier this month it found “insufficient evidence” and ended the inquiry into the host, who still has a professional relationship with the network and will still host its Oscars red carpet show this Sunday.
Now, Seacrest has responded, saying he supports the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements and applauds “all the brave souls who have come forward to share their stories.”
“Sadly, last fall I became one of the accused, which I promptly revealed proactively to the network involved and to the public,” he said in a statement. “To be equally clear, those accusations were then investigated by an independent third-party over the course of a two-month process and involved dozens of interviews that included me, the accuser and countless others. Ultimately, my name was cleared. I eagerly participated in the investigation in order to demonstrate my innocence because I know my truth, and I believe in due process.”
He adds, “Yesterday, Variety published a salacious story that revealed the specific claims against me for the first time – even though an independent third-party investigator found insufficient evidence to support the claims. Much to my dismay, Variety didn’t speak with me or bother to speak with other credible witnesses or even ask for any of the evidence that was obtained during the investigation when offered, all of which clearly challenged the veracity of the claims made against me.”