Sausage casings, soaked in warm water for 20 minutesHorseradish Mash
2 tbs finely chopped parsleyApple Salad
1. To make sausages, preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray.
2. Place capsicum on prepared tray and roast for 30 minutes or until skin is charred and blistered. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Stand for 10 minutes, then peel and discard skin. Finely chop capsicum.
3. Pass pork through a mincer on a coarse setting, then place in a bowl with roasted capsicum, wine, fennel seeds and salt. Using your hands, mix well to combine. Pass through mincer once more.
4. Using an electric sausage maker, fill casings with pork mixture. Twirl the sausage onto itself in a snail-like fashion to create four rounds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Secure each with a bamboo skewer and refrigerate for a further 1 hour.
5. Place frying pan over medium-low heat. Add sausages and cook for 15 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate, cover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
6. To make horseradish mash, place potatoes in large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the gentle boil and boil until tender. Drain, then pass potatoes through a ricer or mouli. Add remaining ingredients, then mash to combine.
7. To make salad, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, oil and honey in a bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.8. Place sausage on serving plates and serve with mash and salad on the side.
• Ensure all ingredients are very cold when making sausages.
• Try varying the flavour of your sausage by adding any combination of fresh herbs, citrus zest, chopped olives and sundried tomatoes.
• Allow steam to evaporate from potatoes before mashing to ensure a fluffy end result.
• Using a mouli or ricer to makeFor some alternative ideas on how to cook pork, visit Yahoo!7 Food