Goat Curd, Walnut & Pesto Tartlets
- 240 g goat curd, very lightly stirred
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tbls walnut kernels, chopped
- 12 tartlet shells, about 45mm diameter (such as Lincoln Bakery or Simon Johnson)
- A small jar of pesto
- 12 small basil leaves
Combine goat curd, pepper and walnuts and fill tartlet shells, top with a teaspoon of pesto finishing with a basil leaf.
Tuna, Anchovy & Caper Butter Croutons
- 1 x 185 g can tuna in oil, drained
- 3 - 4 flat anchovy fillets, drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 60 g very soft butter
- 2 tsp best quality olive oil
- Ground pepper or a touch cayenne pepper
- Lemon juice to taste
- Slices of fresh baguette
- Sweet paprika
- 2 tbls capers in brine, rinsed well and patted dry
Pulse the tuna, anchovies, butter, oil and pepper in a food processor then add lemon juice to taste. Spread on baguette, dust lightly with paprika and garnish with capers.
Prosciutto Wrapped Grissini
- Thinly sliced prosciutto
- Powder fine grated parmesan cheese
Wrap the prosciutto in a spiral action along the length of the grissini then dust with parmesan cheese.
Maggie Beer’s Spiced Pear Paste with blue cheese
- 2 x 100 g Maggie Beer’s Spiced Pear Paste, each sliced in 10 pieces
- 200 g firm textured blue cheese, cut in 20 chunks
- 30 g soft butter
- Deli or supermarket toasted croutons
Dab a little butter on a crouton, add a piece of spiced pear paste then gently press on the blue cheese.
Smoked turkey with cranberry jelly on witlof tips
Yields about 20
- 2 pkts PRIME brand sliced smoked turkey
- 2 or 3 green shallots, sliced finely
- 2 tbls soft butter
- 1 tiny knife tip of curry powder or cayenne pepper
- Witlof leaf tips, trimmed to 5 or 6 cm
- Cranberry sauce or jelly
Mix the shallots, butter and curry powder and distribute between the slices of turkey. Place on a witlof leaf then add a teaspoon of cranberry sauce or jelly.
Prawn and dill spread
- 400 g cooked prawns, shelled
- 1 tbls olive oil, extra virgin preferred
- 1 level tsp dried basil
- Pinch salt and ground pepper
- Pinch ground star anise (optional)
- Lime juice to taste
- Sprigs of dill
Remove the digestive tracts from the prawns taking care to remove every speck of grit; best done using a wetted paring knife. Process prawns, oil, basil and seasonings in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add the star anise if using and correct the freshness with lime juice; a touch more salt might be needed. Serve on naturally flavoured dry biscuits or Waterthins brand ‘Bagelettes’. Garnish with dill.