Recipe for 2 chickens - whole.
- 8 litres water
- 1 ltr salt
- 20 cloves crushed garlic
- Peel of 6 lemons
- 100g coriander seed
- 50g black pepper whole toasted
- Toast spices, set aside
- Crush garlic, set aside
- Bring water to a boil
- Add salt
- Add toasted spices, garlic and lemon peel
- Break chickens into 6 parts - drums, thighs, breast leaving bones and all.
- Submerge in chilled brine for at least 6 hours.
- Towel dry
- Place in vacuum bags
- Seal 100%
- Place in 64.5 degree water bath and cook for 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- Remove and refresh in ice bath until completely chilled.
- Remove chicken from vacuum bags
- Towel dry, removing all gelatinous liquid and place in marinade
- 600 mils buttermilk
- 600 mils Hartsyard hot sauce
- Marinate for at least 6 hours
- Remove from marinade, place in seasoned flour
- 500g flour
- Old bay spice to taste
- Black pepper
- Coat chicken extremely well
- Remove from flour, place in marinade once more.
- Coat well.
- Back into the seasoned flour
- Fry chicken in fryer 155 degrees until golden.