8kg whole leg ham on bone
11/2 cups lime & ginger marmalade
½ cup sparkling apple juice
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1. Move the oven shelf to lowest position in the oven, removing all other shelves. Preheat to 150°C fan forced . Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
2. To remove the rind, starting from the pointed end, lift the rind with one hand and slip your fingers between the rind and ham fat. Continue to run your fingers between the rind and ham fat while gently peeling the rind back towards the bone end with other hand. If need be loosen the edge of the rind with a small sharp knife.
3. Score the ham fat in a diamond pattern, making sure you cut no deeper than 5mm. Place ham into the roasting pan.
4. Combine the marmalade, apple juice and sugar in a small saucepan, stir over medium heat until thick about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and add mustard. Set aside to cool. Spoon the mixture over the surface of ham. Bake for 11/2 hours, spooning the glaze and pan juices over the ham every 30 minutes.
5. Increase oven temperature to 200°C fan forced and bake a further 10-15 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve hot or at room temperature.
For more information visit www.woolworths.com.au
Wake up to a better breakfast with Melissa Doyle and David Koch for all the latest news, sport and weather.Like