Finely chopped roasted pistachios and pomegranate seeds, to garnish
300g fresh berries
Gold leaf, to decorate
2 litres milk
500ml thickened cream
150g caster sugar
½ tsp ground cardamom
50g butter, chopped
70g brown sugar
25g plain flour
25g coconut flour
shredded coconut, to sprinkle
1. To make kulfi, process pistachios to form fine crumbs.
2. Place milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until reduced by half. Stir in sugar, cardamom and ground pistachios. Simmer, stirring, for a further 15 minutes.
3. Pour into a large bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Divide among 8 ramekins or dariole moulds. Freeze.
5. Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
6. To make coconut crisps, stir butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan until smooth and combined.
7. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in flours.
8. Drop tablespoons of mixture onto prepared tray 5cm apart. Sprinkle with coconut.
9. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on trays and then break into shards.
10. Invert kulfis onto serving plates and garnish with pistachios and pomegranate seeds. Serve with berries and coconut crisp shards. Decorate with gold leaf.
• This recipe has been tested.