Salmon roe, to garnish
Indian sev, to serve
250g plain Greek yoghurt
1 tbs tomato paste
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp chilli powder
1cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
pinch brown sugar
600g skinless salmon fillets, cut into 3cm cubes
CORIANDER & PEA SOUP
1 tbs olive oil
1kg frozen peas
750ml vegetable stock
1 bunch coriander, leave picked
1. To prepare tikka salmon, whisk yoghurt, tomato paste, juice, spices, ginger, garlic and sugar in a large bowl to combine. Add salmon and toss to coat.
2. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
3. To make soup, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and cumin seeds. Cook stirring, until soft and fragrant, but not coloured. Stir in stock and peas. Bring to a boil. Boil until peas are tender. Remove from heat and stir in herbs.
4. Transfer mixture to a blender in batches and blend until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve. Season.
5. Scrape excess marinade off salmon pieces and thread onto skewers. Season with salt.
6. Heat an oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook skewers, turning, until browned all over and cooked as desired.
7. Serve soup with salmon tikka skewers an sev. Garnish with salmon roe.
• Sev are small crispy noodle pieces (often found in Bombay trail mix) which are sold in packets and available in Indian supermarkets. They add a great crunch to this dish.
• This recipe has been tested.