Micro mint, to decorate
440g caster sugar
1 large bunch mint, leaves picked
1 tbs liquid glucose
150ml lime juice
500ml thickened cream
5 egg yolks
100g caster sugar
2 tsp salt
250g dark chocolate, finely chopped
CRYSTALIZED MINT LEAVES
1 bunch micro mint leaves
1 bunch fresh spear mint leaves
3 large egg whites
3 tbsp water
150g caster sugar
CHOCOLATE BISCUIT CRUMB
100g caster sugar
100g almond meal
100g plain flour
2 ½ tbs Dutch cocoa powder
150g butter, melted
1. To make sorbet, stir sugar, water, mint leaves and glucose in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and set aside to steep for 15 minutes. Strain mixture, squeezing out as much liquid from the mint leaves as possible. Stir in juice. Churn in an ice cream maker, according to manufacturers instructions.
3. To make cremeux, bring cream and milk to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
4. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale and creamy. Slowly add hot cream mixture, whisking continuously. Return mixture to saucepan. Stir over a low heat until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth.
5. Strain into a shallow tray. Refrigerate until set.
6. To crystallise mint leaves, place a sheet of baking paper onto a cooling rack.
7. Brush leaves all over with egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Place leaves on rack. Set aside to dry.
8. Preheat oven to 150C.
9. To make biscuit crumb, combine sugar, almond meal, flour, cocoa and salt in a large bowl. Stir in butter until well combined.
10. Sprinkle mixture onto prepared tray in a thin layer. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until crisp, tossing half way through. Cool completely.
11. Serve chocolate cremeux and mint sorbet and chocolate biscuit crumb. Decorate with chrystallised mint leaves and micro mint.
• This recipe has been tested.