600g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
Baby cos leaves and deep-fried rice noodles, to serve
1 lemongrass stick, white part only, finely chopped
2 eschalots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, diced
60ml (¼ cup) light soy sauce
60ml (¼ cup) fish sauce
1 lime, zested, juiced
55g (¼ cup) coconut sugar
1cm-piece ginger, finely grated
1 tbs lime juice
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs coconut sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
1 bird’s-eye chilli, seeded, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
½ bunch Vietnamese mint
2 long red chillies, finely chopped
1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, diced
10 snow peas, thinly sliced
½ cup trimmed snow pea sprouts
1 carrot, cut into julienne
1 cup cooked rice noodles
1. To make marinade, stir all ingredients together in a bowl until sugar dissolves. Add chicken and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk all ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
3. Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
4. Preheat an oiled frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, add chicken and cook, turning, for 3 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through.
5. Bring reserved marinade to the boil in a small saucepan and boil for 2 minutes. Strain.
6. To make salad, combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
7. Divide lettuce leaves among serving plates and fill with salad and chicken. Garnish with noodles and serve with remaining marinade to the side.
This recipe has been tested.