Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
Dill sprigs, to garnish
225g (1½ cups) plain flour, plus extra, to dust
75g (½ cup) cornflour
½ tsp salt
LOBSTER & MANGO SALAD
2 cooked lobster tails, cut into 1cm pieces
1 firm ripe mango, cut into 1cm pieces
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
½ Lebanese cucumber, seeded, cut into 1cm pieces
¼ red onion, finely chopped
½ bunch coriander, coarsely chopped
½ small jalapeño, finely chopped
1 large firm ripe avocado, flesh scooped
2 tbs cream cheese
1 lime, juiced
Salt and pepper, to season
1. To make wonton skins, sift combined flours and salt into a bowl. Stir in egg and 125ml (½ cup) water until a soft dough forms. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes. Enclose in plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 1.5cm balls, then roll out into 2mm-thick rounds.
3. Fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan one-third full with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat to 180C (or until a cube of bread turns golden in 10 seconds). Working in batches, gently drop rounds into the oil and fry, turning halfway, for 2 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
4. To make lobster and mango salad, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
5. To make avocado cream, process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season.
6. Place wonton crisps on a serving platter and top with salad and avocado cream. Garnish with dill sprigs to serve.
This recipe has been tested.