8 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
1kg Desiree Potatoes
1 tsp salt
115g of plain flour
SAGE & BURNT BUTTER SAUCE
1 bunch sage, leaves picked
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1. To make gnocchi, place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil. Boil until tender.
2. Drain. Peel potatoes and push flesh through a potato ricer into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of potato and crack eggs into well. Sprinkle with salt and half the flour. Lightly knead to combine. Add remaining flour, in small batches, until dough is no longer sticky.
3. Divide dough into four equal-sized portions. Roll portions into 2cm-thick sausages, then cut into 2cm pieces. Place pieces on prepared tray.
4. Cook gnocchi, in batches, in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until they rise to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon.
5. To make burnt butter and sage sauce, melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add sage leaves and lemon and cook until crisp. Add gnocchi and toss to coat. Cook until golden brown. Season. Stir in tomatoes.
We boiled our potatoes for the gnocchi on the day, but here we have provided a method for baking them, which results in a lighter gnocchi.
This recipe has not been tested.