Seeds of 1 fresh pomegranate
Toasted crushed pistachios and edible rose petals, to garnish
5 egg whites
300g caster sugar
1 tsp rosewater
200g brown sugar
100ml thickened cream
1 tsp salt
500ml thickened cream
250ml greek yoghurt
pink food colouring, to tint
1. To make meringues, beat egg whites with an electric mixer to form soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is thick and glossy and sugar has dissolved. Beat in rosewater.
2. Spoon mixture into six mounds on prepared tray, making a small indent in the centre.
3. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and cool meringues in oven with door slightly ajar.
4. To make salted caramel, stir sugar, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and combined. Whisk in cream. Simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
5. To make yoghurt cream, beat cream to firm peaks. Fold in yoghurt and tint pink with food colouring.
6. Preheat oven to 120C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
7. Serve meringues topped with yoghurt cream, pomegranate seeds and salted caramel. Sprinkle with pistachios.
• This recipe has been tested.