300ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
8 strawberries, sliced
Grated chocolate, to decorate
2 egg whites
110g (½ cup) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Pink food colouring, to tint
300g fresh or frozen raspberries
55g (¼ cup) caster sugar
1. To make pavlova nests, preheat oven to 130C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, and beat for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thick and glossy and sugar has dissolved. Beat in vanilla paste and swirl through pink food colouring.
3. Spoon meringue onto prepared tray in four mounds.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until crisp. Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven, with door ajar, to cool completely.
5. To make raspberry coulis, stir raspberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and berries are soft. Pass through a fine sieve and refrigerate until cold.
6. Divide Pavlova nests among serving plates and top with whipped cream, coulis and berries. Decorate with grated chocolate to serve.
• This recipe has been tested.