350ml olive oil
4 egg yolks
80g finely grated parmesan
50ml tomato sauce
3 tsp Dijon mustard
few drops tabasco sauce
2 tsp brandy
500g beef fillet, finely chopped
1 green spring onion, finely chopped
30g cornichons, finely chopped
30g baby capers, finely chopped
1 jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
½ bunch of chives, finely chopped
½ bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. To confit egg yolks, preheat oven to 65C.
2. Fill four holes of a muffin pan with olive oil. Add an egg yolk to each hole.
3. Cook in the oven for 55 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
5. To make parmesan crisps, place parmesan on prepared tray in four 10cm round circles. Bake for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden.
6. To make steak tartare, whisk all liquid ingredients together. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add liquid mixture and mix well to combine. Season.
7. Spoon a quarter of the mixture into a presentation ring on each plate, making an indent in the centre for the egg yolk. Carefully spoon in a confit egg yolk. Serve with parmesan crisp.
Adjust the seasonings and flavourings of the steak tartare to suit your taste.
This recipe has not been tested.