Olive oil, for brushing
Hot dog rolls and grated cheese, to serve
200g Angus Beef mince
200g pork mince
1 tbs fresh finely chopped thyme
1 tbs fresh finely chopped rosemary
1 tbs fresh finely chopped oregano
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbs olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1kg vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs butter
2 large onions, thinly sliced
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 egg yolks
2 tbs lemon juice
250ml light olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. To make sausages, combine all ingredients in a bowl, massaging well to infuse flavours. Season. Divide into 4 portions. Roll each portion into a sausage shape. Refrigerate, covered, until required.
2. To make tomato relish, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until soft and pale golden. Add tomatoes. Simmer, stirring often, until soft and thick. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season.
3. To make caramelised onions, heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add sugar and season well with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 30 minutes or until browned. Stir in vinegar.
4. To make mayonnaise, process egg yolks and juice until smooth. With motor operating, drizzle in oil until thick and smooth. Stir in mustards. Season. Refrigerate.
5. Brush sausages all over with oil and season.
6. Cook on a barbecue grill plate, on medium heat, until browned all over and cooked through.
7. Serve sausages in rolls topped with cheese, mayonnaise, caramelised onions and tomato relish.
This recipe has not been tested.