600g pork neck, cut into 1cm-thick strips
1/4 cup white sesame seeds, toasted
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
2 tbs Asian fish sauce
1 tbs light brown sugar
1 tbs orange juice
150g light brown sugar
80ml fish sauce
80ml orange juice
80ml rice vinegar
2 tbs honey
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3cm piece fresh ginger, crushed
80ml light olive oil
3 tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tbs honey
1 tsp soy sauce
3 drops sesame oil
finely grated zest of 1 lime
1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
½ cup cooked red quinoa
1 carrot, cut into julienned
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
1. To prepare pork marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add pork and toss to coat. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
2. To make caramel sauce, stir all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer until thickened slightly. Cool.
3. To make salad dressing, whisk all ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Thread pork onto skewers.
5. Preheat an oiled barbecue grill plate on medium heat.
6. Cook pork for about 1 minute on each side or until browned and just cooked through, brushing with caramel sauce for last minute of cooking. Roll in combined white sesame seeds and slivered almonds.
7. Add salad ingredients to dressing in bowl and toss to coat.
8. Serve pork skewers and quinoa salad with remaining caramel sauce.
This recipe has not been tested.