16 large prawns, butterflied, deveined
8 kale leaves, stems removed
1 lemon, zested, juiced
Lemon wedges and sliced red chilli, to serve
1 garlic bulb, cloves peeled
4 long red chillies, chopped
250ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
2 large firm ripe avocados
½ lemon, juiced
1. To make marinade, process garlic and chilli in a food processor until finely chopped. Add oil and process to combine. Season. Remove and set aside half the mixture. Add parsley to remaining mixture and process to combine.
2. Place prawns in a large bowl and add marinade. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make avocado mousse, blend avocado until smooth. Add buttermilk and lemon juice. Blend to combine. Season and refrigerate until required.
4. Place kale in a bowl with reserved garlic and chilli mixture. Toss to coat.
5. Cook kale and prawns on a preheated barbecue grill plate, turning once, until kale is lightly charred and prawns are just cooked. Drizzle prawns with lemon zest and juice.
6. Divide kale leaves among serving plates and top with prawns and chilli. Serve with avocado mousse and lemon wedges to the side.
This recipe has been tested.