200g (1 cup) cooked medium grain rice
½ cup finely chopped coriander
1 lime, juiced
Salt and pepper, to season
4 large chicken thigh fillets
2 tbs olive oil
4 large tortillas
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
100g feta, crumbled
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1 cup grated tasty cheese
4 wedges grilled pineapple
2 tbs finely chopped coriander
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 habanero, finely chopped
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tbs olive oil, plus 250ml (1 cup) extra
2 tsp caster sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs white wine vinegar
1 firm ripe avocado, flesh scooped
125ml (½ cup) Greek-style yoghurt
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp dried crushed red pepper
1 tsp paprika
1. Combine rice, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Season and set aside.
2. To make mayonnaise, process coriander, garlic, chilli, ginger, oil and sugar in a food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
3. Process egg yolks, lemon juice and vinegar in a food processor until well combined. With the motor running, gradually add extra oil, drop by drop at first, then in a thin, steady stream until thick and emulsified. Add reserved habanero mixture and process to combine. Season and refrigerate until required.
4. To make avocado dressing, process all ingredients in a food processor until well combined. Season.
5. To make spice rub, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt. Add chicken and toss to coat. Drizzle over oil.
6. Preheat a barbecue grill plate over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thickly slice.
7. Fill centre of tortillas with rice mixture, lettuce, feta, tomatoes and chicken. Drizzle with dressing. Fold to enclose to form a burrito.
8. Place four mounds of cheese on a clean preheated barbecue hotplate, allowing room to spread. Once melted, place a burrito on top, so that the cheese sticks. Cook until cheese is golden. Turn and cook until underside is crisp and golden.
9. Divide burritos among serving plates and top with grilled pineapple. Serve with habanero mayonnaise to the side.
This recipe has been tested.