shaved chocolate and finely grated orange zest, to decorate
90g hazelnut meal
110g caster sugar
240g plain flour
rice flour (for dusting)
200g 70% chocolate
⅔ tbs powdered agar agar
1 cup cream
¼ cup sugar
1 vanilla pod
1. To make shortbread, using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar until combined but not creamed. Add combined dry ingredients. Mix on medium-low speed until fully incorporated.
2. Turn dough out on a bench, shape into a disc, wrap in cling-film and refrigerate until firm.
3. Preheat oven 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
4. Roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper until about 3mm thick. Cut out 9cm rounds and place on prepared tray 4cm apart.
5. Bake for about 12 minutes or until firm. Using an 8cm presentation ring, cut out 8cm circles from each round.
6. To make chocolate pudding, stir milk, cream and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and combined.
7. Stir agar agar and water in a saucepan over low heat until combined. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Whisk agar agar mixture into chocolate mixture. Transfer to a jug and refrigerate until set.
8. Place four 8cm round presentation rings on a tray lined with baking paper.
9. Use a stick blender to re-liquify the pudding mixture, then quickly pour into the presentation rings. Refrigerate until set.
10. To make Chantilly cream, whisk all ingredients until soft peaks form.
11. Place puddings in presentation rings over biscuit rounds and remove rings. Top with Chantilly cream and decorate with shaved chocolate and orange zest.
This recipe has not been tested.