1 mango, cut into 2cm dice
1 grapefruit, segmented
Chantilly cream, to serve
Crushed pistachios, to decorate
250ml coconut cream
50ml coconut milk
25g rock sugar
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lime
80g caster sugar
RED BEAN PANCAKES
140g plain flour
40g cake flour
80ml hot water
30ml cold water
½ tsp vegetable oil
8 tbs red bean paste
1. To make sago soup, stir all ingredients except sago in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
2. Cook sago in a large saucepan of boiling water, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until pearls are clear and translucent. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
3. Add to coconut mixture. Divide among serving glasses. Refrigerate until cold. Top with mango and grapefruit to serve.
4. To make syrup, stir all ingredients over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer until thickened. Cool.
5. To make pancakes, whisk flours and hot water to combine. Whisk in cold water and oil to form a dough. Knead lightly on an oiled board. Wrap in cling film and set aside for 20 minutes. Divide into four portions.
6. Transfer a portion to a lightly oiled board and roll into a rectangle. Spread a quarter of the red bean paste over the centre. Fold in four sides to form a parcel shape. Repeat with remaining dough portions.
7. Shallow fry pancakes two at a time until golden and crisp on each side.
8. Drizzle pancakes with lime syrup and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with sago and Chantilly cream.
This recipe has not been tested.