4 spatchcock, butterflied
120g green beans, trimmed, steamed
100g butter, softened
1 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
2 tbs finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 preserved lemon, rinsed, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
180ml thickened cream
50g panko breadcrumbs
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
2 tbs grated parmesan
1. To make stuffing, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Spread a quarter of the mixture under the skin of each spatchcock. Refrigerate until firm.
2. To make puré, place cauliflower, cream and milk in a saucepan. Simmer, partially covered, over low heat until cauliflower is soft. Drain and reserve liquid. Blend cauliflower until smooth. Add enough of the reserved liquid to form a silky puré. Season.
3. To prepare parmesan crumbs, melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring, until golden and crisp.
4. Preheat oven to 180C.
5. Heat an oiled griddle pan over medium heat. Cook spatchcocks, until dark golden brown on each side. Transfer to an oven tray.
6. Roast for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
7. Place spatchcocks on serving plates. Add green beans and sprinkle with crumbs. Serve with cauliflower puré. Drizzle with juices from rested spatchcocks.
These spatchcock are also really great cooked on the barbecue.
This recipe has not been tested.