Chives and micro herbs, to garnish
1½ sheets gelatine leaf
250ml (1 cup) pomegranate juice
1 tsp caster sugar
1 blood orange, juiced
50ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs pomegranate molasses
1 tbs verjuice
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
Salt and pepper, to season
2 avocados, flesh scooped
1 lime, juiced
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs crème fraiche
4 chives, finely chopped
4 cooked blue swimmer crabs, meat picked
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
2 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
2 blood oranges, segmented
1. To make pomegranate gel, soak gelatine in cold water for 10 minutes to soften.
2. Place pomegranate juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Squeeze gelatine leaves to remove excess water, then whisk into hot juice until dissolved.
3. Pour into a jug and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Blitz with a stick blender until a gel forms.
4. To make dressing, simmer blood orange juice in a small saucepan until reduced by two-thirds. Set aside to cool completely. Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Season.
5. To make avocado puré, process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season.
6. To make crab salad, whisk crème fraîche with chives. Stir in crab meat, then season. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
7. Spoon puré into each serving bowl. Top with salad. Drizzle over dressing and dot with gel. Garnish with chives and herbs to serve.
This recipe has been tested.