4 x 200g swordfish steaks
2 tbs olive oil
TEQUILA CAPER SAUCE
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs butter
1 eschallot, finely chopped
4 tbs baby capers, rinsed
180ml white tequila
300ml crème fraiche
finely grated zest of 1 lime
4 medium vine ripened tomatoes, seeded, diced
½ small red onion, finely chopped
½ cup chopped coriander leaves
2 tbs chopped parsley leaves
2 tsp lime juice
BLACK GARLIC POLENTA
4 cloves black garlic, thinly sliced
750ml vegetable stock
125ml thickened cream
170g instant polenta
1. To make sauce, heat oil and butter in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook eschallot and garlic until soft but not coloured. Stir in capers and tequila. Simmer until evaporate d by two thirds. Stir in crème fraiche and zest. Simmer until hot. Season well. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. To make salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season. Refrigerate until required.
3. To make polenta, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook garlic for 3 minutes to infuse flavor. Add stock and cream. Bring to a simmer.
4. Gradually whisk in polenta, then cook, stirring, for 5-8 minutes or until polenta is very soft. Season well.
5. Brush fish all over with oil and season.
6. Heat a chargrill or frying pan over high heat. Cook fish for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate to rest for 3 minutes.
7. Serve swordfish and polenta with salsa and sauce.
Black garlic has a unique flavour. Try it before cooking, to determine if you would like a like a little more or less in the dish.
Exact cooking time of fish will depend on thickness. You ideally want it seared on the outside and medium rare in the centre. Resting for a few minutes will allow it to continue cooking through gently.
This recipe has been tested.