8 garlic cloves, chopped
¼ tsp salt flakes
finely grated zest of 2 lemons (zested lemon reserved)
2 tbs finely chopped thyme
2 tbs finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tbs finely chopped tarragon
4 garlic cloves, extra, coarsely chopped
2 tbs olive oil
juice of 2 lemons
250ml chicken stock
1kg carrots, chopped
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
25g unsalted butter
60ml thickened cream
½ bunch, silverbeet, leaves halved lengthways
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs olive oil
1 eschallot, finely chopped
½ bunch, silverbeet, coarsely chopped
½ cup chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Place the garlic and salt flakes in a mortar and pestle and grind down into a coarse paste. Add zest and herbs and grind to combine.
3. Transfer mixture from pestle to a bowl and stir in mascarpone.
4. Using your hands spread 1 tablespoon of the marsacarpone mixture under the skin of each spatchcock. Reserve remaining mixture.
5. Coarsely chop the zested lemons and stuff into spatchcock cavities along with the additional garlic cloves. Tie legs with kitchen string, place in a large pan and drizzle with oil and juice.
6. Add stock to pan. Roast for about 35 minutes or until cooked through, basting every 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and rest, lightly covered with foil, for 15 minutes. Carve into portions.
8. To make carrot puree, place carrots in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to a boil. Boil until tender. Drain. Transfer to a blender.
9. Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook onions until very soft, but not coloured. Stir in garlic until soft. Add to carrots. Blend until smooth. Add butter and cream and blend until smooth. Season.
10. To roast silverbeet, place leaves in an oven tray in a single layer. Toss with oil and season with salt. Roast until crisp.
11. Meanwhile, to braise silverbeet, heat oil in a large frying pan. Cook eschallot until soft. Add silverbeet and chicken stock. Cook, covered, until silverbeet is tender. Season.
12. To make sauce, whisk stock and reserved masacarpone mixture in a saucepan over medium heat to combine. Simmer until slightly thickened. Add all juices form rested and carved spatchcocks.
This recipe has not been tested.