12 baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
Sliced spring onions, coriander and sesame seeds, to garnish
Hoisin sauce, to drizzle
3 tsp palm sugar
1 tbs light soy sauce
1 tbs dark soy sauce
2 tbs oyster sauce
½ tsp sesame oil
2 tbs Chinese rice wine (Shaoxing)
1 tbs peanut oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1cm-piece fresh ginger, cut into julienne
300g pork mince
1 small onion, finely chopped
150g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
40g water chestnuts, finely chopped
50g bamboo shoots, cut into julienne
1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
2 small red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
1. To make sauce, stir all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove and set aside.
2. To make filling, heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add mince and stir-fry, breaking up any lumps, for 3 minutes. Add sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes to slightly reduce.
3. Increase heat and add onion, mushrooms, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and chillies. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Strain mixture through a sieve and return liquid to wok. Simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Return pork mixture to wok with sauce. Stir through beansprouts and coriander.
5. Divide pork mixture among lettuce leaves and top with spring onions, coriander and sesame seeds. Drizzle over hoisin sauce to serve.
This recipe has been tested.