1 side skinless trout
500ml (2 cups) beetroot juice
60ml (¼ cup) Linie Aquavit
Salt and pepper, to season
Crème fraîche, dill sprigs and finely chopped chives, to serve
1 bunch dill, finely chopped
150g coarse sea salt
75g (⅓ cup) granulated sugar
2 tbs coarsely ground white pepper
2 tbs sherry vinegar
2 tbs olive oil
1 pinch of brown sugar
250g heirloom tomatoes, halved
4 radishes, thinly sliced
1 cooked beetroot, thinly sliced
1 bunch snow pea shoots, trimmed
2 tbs baby capers, drained
1 blood orange, segmented
1 pink grapefruit, segmented
1. To make rub, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place half the mixture in the base of a ceramic dish, place fish on top, then rub in remaining mixture.
2. Pour over combined beetroot juice and Aquavit. Top with a layer of cling film or baking paper and weigh it down with another dish of equal size. Refrigerate overnight to marinate.
3. To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl. Season. Add salad ingredients and toss to combine.
4. Remove salmon from marinade. Rub away salt mixture, then thinly slice fish.
5. Divide salad among serving bowls and top with sliced fish. Dot with crème fraîche and top with dill and chives to serve.
This recipe has been tested.