500g silverside/topside beef (finely slice)
100g of tripe (thinly slice)
4 shallots, 2 sliced in thin rounds
100g kaffir lime leaves (finely chopped)
2 tbs of galangal, finely chopped
1 bunch of coriander
1 bunch of mint leaves
1 cup bean sprouts
4 hot chilli peppers, sliced in thin rounds (or to taste)
2 tbs fish sauce, or more to taste (see note below)
1cup of lime/lemon juice
1 tsp of salt
2 tbs roasted rice powder
30cm Pork Rind cut into strips and deep fried and season with salt
Hot chilli peppers, sliced in rounds, to taste
1 lime, sliced
For garnishes, herbs: sliced spring onions, mint, coriander leaves/cilantro, bean sprouts (a handful of each)
1. Finely slice tripe into 5cm strips. On the stove, boil water in a small saucepan. Once water is boiled. Pour in the tripe to cook for 5 minutes.
2. Finely slice and chop up galangal, chilli and kaffir lime leaves, coriander and shallots.
3. Prepare mint leaves, pick leaves only!
4. Finely slice beef making sure it’s about 1mm in thickness!
5. Toast rice until its nice and golden, grind into a fine powder using a blender or mortar and pestle
6. Add beef and tripe into a big bowl, add galangal, chilli and kaffir lime leaves. Massage in beef for a minute.
7. Add fish sauce, salt and lime juice. Massage for another 30 secs and taste.
8. Finish off with adding mints, coriander, spring onion and beansprouts. Toss for another 30 sec and serve!
This recipe has been tested.