PISTACHIO ICE CREAM
750ml thickened cream
8 green cardamom pods, brusied
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
8 egg yolks
200g caster sugar
100g shelled roasted pistachios, chopped
60g palm sugar, grated
330g caster sugar
finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
2 eggs, beaten
LEMON & GINGER BISCOTTI
110g caster sugar
75g plain flour
35g self-raising flour
½ tsp ground ginger
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
2 tbs finely chopped crystallised ginger
1. To make ice cream, stir cream, cardamom and vanilla seeds in a medium saucepan over low heat until hot.
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture and return to a clean pan.
3. Stir over medium heat until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Strain into a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
4. Pour into an ice cream make and churn according to manufacturers instructions, adding nuts and palm sugar just before the end of churning.
5. To make lemon curd, stir all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth and combined and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Pour into a bowl and cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold.
6. Preheat oven to 180C.
7. To make biscottit, whisk sugar and egg until combined. Stir in combined sifted flours and ground ginger to form a dough. Stir in zest and crystalised ginger.
8. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a 20cm long log. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Cool 15 minutes then cut into 5mm slices. Arrange slices on tray in a single layer.
10. Reduce oven to 150C and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Serve ice cream and curd with biscotti.
This recipe has been tested.