100g baby rocket
500ml balsamic vinegar
125g brown sugar
SHORT CRUST PASTRY
650g plain flour
350g cold butter, diced
3 egg yolks
500g pumpkin, cut into 1cm pieces
1 leek, thinly sliced
250g beetroot, washed and halved
1 zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
1 tbs olive oil
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
125g cream cheese, at room temperature
60g sour cream
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbs finely chopped oregano
1. To make glaze, stir vinegar and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer until thickened and syrupy. Cool completely.
2. To make pastry, process flour and butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg yolks. Process until mixture just comes together to form a ball. Shape into a disc and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Bring pastry to room temperature. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use to line four 10cm fluted tart tins with removable bases.
4. Line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Return to oven for a further 10 minutes or until dry and crisp. Cool completely.
5. Preheat oven to 180C. To roast vegetables, place them in a baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for about 30 minutes or until tender.
6. To make filling, using an electric mixer, whisk ingredients until smooth and creamy. 7.To assemble, spoon filling into tart. Top with roasted vegetables and rocket. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
This recipe has not been tested.