125g butter, chopped
150g blue cheese, crumbled
Fresh nasturtium leaves, deep-fried sage leaves and grated parmesan, to garnish
160g finely grated parmesan
150g plain flour, plus extra, to dust
SAGE & WALNUT SAUCE
1 bunch sage, leaves picked
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and pepper, to season
1. To make gnocchi, using a butter knife, lightly combine all ingredients in a bowl until a soft dough forms. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and divide into four portions.
2. Lightly roll out each portion until 2cm thick, then cut into 3cm pieces. Set aside.
3. To make sauce, heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in sage and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Season well.
4. Cook gnocchi, in batches, in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes or until they rise to the surface.
5. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
6. Using a slotted spoon, remove gnocchi from water and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Transfer gnocchi to pan with butter and fry, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Divide gnocchi among serving plates and top with blue cheese and nasturtium and sage leaves. Spoon over sauce and top with parmesan to serve.
This recipe has been tested.