ForumsEnd of the Rafters ?
Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    Ne1OutThere

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 2012 00:58
    With channel 7 confirming that Hugh Sheridan and now Angus McLaren being confirmed as leaving Packed to the Rafters, is the end nigh? It leaves few male cast members, and therefore less variety in storylines. Seems to me the series will call it a day soon sadly. What do you think??
    MelBen_CarboRetta_Fan
    24 Sep 2009

Posted Tue 14 Feb 2012 17:14
    well weve definitely got a 5th season, but i have the feeling, it'll probably end after season 5 finishes
    Lizzie
    14 Apr 2012

Posted Tue 14 Feb 2012 21:38
    Well then Ben, Nathan and Rachel will be gone. The hole show is about them so with them gone I don't know what the sl would be.
    MelBen_CarboRetta_Fan
    24 Sep 2009

Posted Fri 17 Feb 2012 23:04
    theres still dave, julie, ruby, ted and all the other extended family to focus storylines on... im going to watch til the end, because ive loved the show, since the start
    Elle
    21 Mar 2012

Posted Wed 21 Mar 2012 21:56

Rachel left last season, now Nathan's leaving and Ben will be going too... they were definitely the main reason I got hooked into the show. It's safe to say Jake will also be leaving us shortly due to Jessica now working in America and of course their new child which is understandable. Rebecca Gibney and Eric Thomson are great but the whole point of this show focuses around how tight knit family is.

It's all a bit too sad... they should've raised their salaries to try and keep them on or something :(

93ben
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 18 Apr 2012 01:42
    Season 5 has just started? I think it's too soon that the show will be axed. I just hate it when great shows like this break up. Was enjoying All Saints and then they just had to take it off the air! Now Packed to the Rafters? Just great! Wish there was a way to save all these great shows from being killed!
    tim_abney

Posted Fri 20 Apr 2012 05:09
    We would hate to see The rafters canceled. We have been watching them here in the US since the first episode and have to download it in order to see it because it can't viewed online outside of Australia. In fact this season it seems that no one is uploading it to any torrent sites so we haven't seen the first episode of the season yet.

We have many friends who watch it here because we pass discs around. It would be great if some broadcaster in the US would pick it up. If they try to make a homegrown version of it here they would just mess it up.

Anyway I just thought I would let you know what a rabid Rafters fan in the US goes through.
    selena
    30 Jun 2009

Posted Tue 24 Apr 2012 14:58

I am hoping this is not the end of the rafters. I am Irish, living in Oz and this is my all time favourite show.

I dont watch much TV due to a busy life style but I will never miss this show. Its on Foxtel Series link to be safe!

I got hooked on episode 1 of series 3,then I had to go out and get the first two series, to bring me up to speed.
    Like you Tim I have got the family back in Ireland now hooked on the Rafters too (",)

shy1_78
    25 Apr 2012

Posted Wed 25 Apr 2012 11:00
    Well, maybe we should suggest what we want to see happen so we can influence any direction the show might go in??

I reckon maybe the family no longer needs a surburban home and with only one child living at home and Ted that they up and move to the country, perhaps catching up with Julie's side of the family (and somewhere along the way Ruby grows by about 4 years) and then maybe some old story lines similar to those from the old A Country Practice / Flying Doctors (much loved Aussie Dramas) are revisited with a modern view...Dave can still be the electrician, Julie joins the CWA and reinvents a newspaper perhaps (with her new found writing skills).  Then you could bring in the sport stories again, as they need to get involved with the community being in a new town etc.

I think Hugh and Angus had to leave the show, as their characters had been explored to death virtually...no where really left to go with them.  However, maybe a move for Dave and Julie will give an opportunity for new story lines as we have new characters that can enter the stories..such as new apprentices, new local pubs/taverns etc.

Maybe some of the good old faces off All Saints might be looking for work - such as Will Travel and the guy that played Bart. 
    Ingrid
    04 Jan 2009

Posted Wed 23 May 2012 22:38
    Unfortunately Rafters is going downhill fast.
    No wonder all the young stars are leaving. I don't know who writes the story lines these days but they are just plain boring. Dave and Julie's life needs to be spiced up a bit..well we thought there was going to be a chance of a bit of romance for Julie but it turned out it was a dream..oh really how many times has that been used.?
    Lots of other silly story lines happening. The first couple of series were great..lots of character development and meaty story lines..but as usually happens with series that go on too long they die a slow death...
    Rafters fan

Posted Fri 01 Jun 2012 02:52
    Well, I saw Rebecca Gibney and Eric Thomson on Sunrise recently and they said that there was going to be a season 6 and, also, that the kids would be coming back. So, there you go :)
    Rafters fan

Posted Fri 01 Jun 2012 02:56
    Shy1_78 said....
    Maybe some of the good old faces off All Saints might be looking for work - such as Will Travel and the guy that played Bart.

Ooh that would be good; I liked Bart aka Homer...lol...
    Ne1OutThere

Posted Wed 06 Jun 2012 01:10

GREAT news and a decent idea there Rafters Fan.

I'd love to see the chick from All Saints come into it who was doing the ER thing with John Waters and the other doctor.
    Jan127
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 19 Jun 2012 23:44

Hi,  I stupidly MISSED can you believe it, I mannaged to miss tonights episode, last one for the season, I'm really ticked with myself.  Is there any way I will be able to catch up soon???  Someone please save my sanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ne1OutThere

Posted Wed 20 Jun 2012 01:42
    Check out the packed to the rafters site in a few days and it should be available to watch online.
      ForumsEnd of the Rafters ?
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed

COMPARE & SAVE