June 27, 2012
The top three acts from last week's final returned to the Australia's Got Talent stage tonight to learn if they had made it through to the next week's Grand Final Showdown.
Flowers For Midnight secured the highest number of viewer votes with judges Dannii Minogue, Brian McFadden and Kyle Sandilands given the tough tasking of choosing between stripper Dylan Yeandle and Jonny Taylor, deciding Dylan should return again.
The incredible powers of Mind Reader Anthony Laye did not disappoint the crowd as he played a dangerous game of 'Russian Roulette', trusting host Grant Denyer to fire a nail gun into various body parts. Brian said "Every time you do something I'm going 'I can't believe he just did that' and I'm dying to see what you do next. We hope you get to the Grand Final because you're brilliant!"
Other highlights from tonight's last semi-final for the series:
- The Black Diamond Drill Team built on their skilled precision drill marching with a touch of 30's glamour and burlesque to tickle the judges and audience pink.
- Andy Holm from Byron Bay filled the studio with love and good vibes with his unique synthesised one man band grooves, Dannii commenting 'None of that goes together but someone must have spiked my chai tea because I am literally booking a trip to Byron Bay to see you!
- Opera singer Monique Le Bas channelled a well refreshed diva to deliver a performance that had Brian saying 'the acting was brilliant, the vocal was exceptional, the delivery. It was just 100% a perfect performance.'
- Australia's cutest brother duet Ten Days After Christmas performed another original song, Rabbit Show, cementing their spot as the nation's most prolific young, fun and funky songwriters.
- The Nelson Twins upped the ante on their quintessentially Aussie-As comedy – the judges' dubbing it very funny and very original.
- Kookies N Kream dance crew closed the show with a high energy dance medley. Brian compared them to Justice Crew "to all the other crews in this country - that is how you put on a performance."
Next week is the first Grand Final Showdown. Returning to battle it out for a spot in the Grand Final is beat boxer Genesis, band Beside Lights, singer/songwriters Owen Campbell, Mark Lowndes and Joe Moore, drummer Jagger, acrobatic troupe Odyssey and stripper Dylan Yeandle. Series 3 winners Justice Crew will also return for an action packed special performance.