- Preparation time:
- 1 hour
- Cooking time:
- 45 minutes
- 300g crème fraîche
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- finely crushed pretzels, to garnish
- 75g dark chocolate
- 75g milk chocolate
- 200g butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 room temperature eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 375ml stout beer
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g thickened cream
- 250ml boiling water
- 90ml espresso coffee
- 100g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line base and sides of a 20cm sqaure cake pan with baking paper.
- To make brownie, stir milk and dark chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until smooth and combined.
- Sift combined sugar, flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in melted chocolate and butter mixture. Stir in eggs. Stir in nuts.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until just cooked, but still slighlty soft in the centre. Cool in pan. Remove from pan and cut into squares.
- To make mousse, stir stout and sugar in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Simmer until reduced by about half to form a syrup. Pour hot syrup over chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form. With motor operating, gradually add in stout and chocolate mixture until combined. Pour into serving glasses or a shallow dish if you wish to quenelle it. Refrigerate until set.
- To make syrup, stir water, coffee and syrup in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer untilt thickened to form a syrup. Cool completely.
- Whisk crème fraiche and vanilla paste until combined.
- 10. Serve brownie with mousse, syrup and crème fraiche. Sprinkle with crushed pretzels to garnish.
• This recipe has not been tested.