- Preparation time:
- 40 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 10 minutes
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- Baby cos leaves and deep-fried rice noodles, to serve
- 1 lemongrass stick, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 60ml (¼ cup) light soy sauce
- 60ml (¼ cup) fish sauce
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- 55g (¼ cup) coconut sugar
- 1cm-piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 bird’s-eye chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- ½ bunch Vietnamese mint
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, diced
- 10 snow peas, thinly sliced
- ½ cup trimmed snow pea sprouts
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- 1 cup cooked rice noodles
- To make marinade, stir all ingredients together in a bowl until sugar dissolves. Add chicken and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to marinate.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk all ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
- Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- Preheat an oiled frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, add chicken and cook, turning, for 3 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through.
- Bring reserved marinade to the boil in a small saucepan and boil for 2 minutes. Strain.
- To make salad, combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide lettuce leaves among serving plates and fill with salad and chicken. Garnish with noodles and serve with remaining marinade to the side.
This recipe has been tested.