- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 45 minutes
- 500g-piece scotch fillet
- 25g butter
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Sliced nori, to garnish
SWEET POTATO PURÉE
- 500g sweet potato, finely chopped
- 300g carrots, grated
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 750ml (3 cups) milk
- 80ml (⅓ cup) thickened cream
- 25g butter
- A few drops of truffle oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1 sheet nori seaweed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp horseradish cream
- To make sweet potato puré, place potato and carrot in a medium saucepan. Add bay leaf and enough milk to cover. Bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until potato and carrots are soft. Drain and reserve milk. Discard bay leaf. Blend potato and carrot until smooth. Add cream, butter and truffle oil. Blend to combine. Blend enough of the reserved milk until a puré forms. Season.
- To make nori butter, process all ingredients in a food processor until combined. Place on a sheet of cling film and roll into a log shape. Refrigerate until firm. Thinly slice.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Rub beef all over with oil, then season.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, turning occasionally and adding butter and garlic halfway to baste, for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Place on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes to rest. Thickly slice.
- Divide puré among serving plates and top with sliced beef and nori butter. Garnish with sliced nori to serve.
This recipe has been tested.