- Preparation time:
- 45 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 1 hour
- Seeds of 1 fresh pomegranate
- Toasted crushed pistachios and edible rose petals, to garnish
- 5 egg whites
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 200g brown sugar
- 60g butter
- 100ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 500ml thickened cream
- 250ml greek yoghurt
- pink food colouring, to tint
- To make meringues, beat egg whites with an electric mixer to form soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is thick and glossy and sugar has dissolved. Beat in rosewater.
- Spoon mixture into six mounds on prepared tray, making a small indent in the centre.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and cool meringues in oven with door slightly ajar.
- To make salted caramel, stir sugar, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and combined. Whisk in cream. Simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
- To make yoghurt cream, beat cream to firm peaks. Fold in yoghurt and tint pink with food colouring.
- Preheat oven to 120C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Serve meringues topped with yoghurt cream, pomegranate seeds and salted caramel. Sprinkle with pistachios.
• This recipe has been tested.