- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 45 minutes
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 125g blueberries
- Grated chocolate, to decorate
- 2 egg whites
- 110g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pink food colouring, to tint
- 300g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 55g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- To make pavlova nests, preheat oven to 130C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, and beat for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thick and glossy and sugar has dissolved. Beat in vanilla paste and swirl through pink food colouring.
- Spoon meringue onto prepared tray in four mounds.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until crisp. Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven, with door ajar, to cool completely.
- To make raspberry coulis, stir raspberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and berries are soft. Pass through a fine sieve and refrigerate until cold.
- Divide Pavlova nests among serving plates and top with whipped cream, coulis and berries. Decorate with grated chocolate to serve.
• This recipe has been tested.