- Preparation time:
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 15 minutes
- 500ml milk
- Red food colouring, to tint
- Yellow food colouring, to tint
- Caster sugar, for rolling
- 3 eggs
- 440g caster sugar
- 250ml milk
- 250ml vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 900g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 400g can peaches, drained
- 250g mascarpone cream
- 1 tbs icing sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- To make biscuits, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick and creamy. Add milk, oil and vanilla paste. Mix to combine.
- Add combined sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed to combine and form a soft dough.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls and place on prepared tray, 4cm apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and underside of biscuit is golden brown. Cool on trays.
- Finely chop peaches. Stir in mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste.
- Divide the milk between two bowls. Tint one bowl red and one bowl yellow with food colouring.
- Sandwich biscuits with mascarpone filling.
- Dip sandwiches biscuits in red milk to coat all over. Pat dry with absorbent paper. Dip in yellow milk to coat all over, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in caster sugar.
• . This recipe has not been tested.
• These little Italian biscuits are called Pesche Con Crema and are meant to resemble little peaches.
• Add a fresh mint leaf to each biscuit to make them look even more realistic.