- Preparation time:
- 40 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 5 minutes
- 350ml olive oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 80g finely grated parmesan
- 50ml tomato sauce
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 50g mayonnaise
- few drops tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp brandy
- 500g beef fillet, finely chopped
- 1 green spring onion, finely chopped
- 30g cornichons, finely chopped
- 30g baby capers, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of chives, finely chopped
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- To confit egg yolks, preheat oven to 65C.
- Fill four holes of a muffin pan with olive oil. Add an egg yolk to each hole.
- Cook in the oven for 55 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- To make parmesan crisps, place parmesan on prepared tray in four 10cm round circles. Bake for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- To make steak tartare, whisk all liquid ingredients together. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add liquid mixture and mix well to combine. Season.
- Spoon a quarter of the mixture into a presentation ring on each plate, making an indent in the centre for the egg yolk. Carefully spoon in a confit egg yolk. Serve with parmesan crisp.
Adjust the seasonings and flavourings of the steak tartare to suit your taste.
This recipe has not been tested.