- Preparation time:
- 40 minutes (+ marinating)
- Cooking time:
- 10 minutes
- 600g pork neck, cut into 1cm-thick strips
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tbs Asian fish sauce
- 1 tbs light brown sugar
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 150g light brown sugar
- 80ml fish sauce
- 80ml orange juice
- 80ml rice vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, crushed
- 80ml light olive oil
- 3 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 drops sesame oil
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 carrot, cut into julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- To prepare pork marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add pork and toss to coat. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To make caramel sauce, stir all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer until thickened slightly. Cool.
- To make salad dressing, whisk all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Thread pork onto skewers.
- Preheat an oiled barbecue grill plate on medium heat.
- Cook pork for about 1 minute on each side or until browned and just cooked through, brushing with caramel sauce for last minute of cooking. Roll in combined white sesame seeds and slivered almonds.
- Add salad ingredients to dressing in bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve pork skewers and quinoa salad with remaining caramel sauce.
This recipe has not been tested.