- Preparation time:
- 40 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 15 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
- olive oil, for brushing
- 600g lamb backstrap
- baby rocket leaves, to serve
- 1 large cooked beetroot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 100ml plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup roasted pistachios
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- 2 tbs coriander seeds
- 2 tbs cumin seeds
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- To make tzatziki, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season.
- To make dukkah, process all ingredients to form coarse crumbs.
- Brush vegetable slices all over with oil and season.
- Roll lamb in dukkah to coat evenly, pressing down firmly to ensure mixture sticks. Spray all over with cooking oil.
- Preheat a barbecue grill plate to medium. Cook vegetables, turning, until golden brown and tender.
- Preheat a barbecue hotplate to medium. Cook lamb, until browned on both sides and cooked as desired. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thickly.
- Serve lamb and vegetables with tzatziki.
This recipe has not been tested.