- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes (+ 30 minutes marinating)
- Cooking time:
- 10 minutes
- 16 large prawns, butterflied, deveined
- 8 kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- Lemon wedges and sliced red chilli, to serve
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves peeled
- 4 long red chillies, chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 2 large firm ripe avocados
- 200ml buttermilk
- ½ lemon, juiced
- To make marinade, process garlic and chilli in a food processor until finely chopped. Add oil and process to combine. Season. Remove and set aside half the mixture. Add parsley to remaining mixture and process to combine.
- Place prawns in a large bowl and add marinade. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make avocado mousse, blend avocado until smooth. Add buttermilk and lemon juice. Blend to combine. Season and refrigerate until required.
- Place kale in a bowl with reserved garlic and chilli mixture. Toss to coat.
- Cook kale and prawns on a preheated barbecue grill plate, turning once, until kale is lightly charred and prawns are just cooked. Drizzle prawns with lemon zest and juice.
- Divide kale leaves among serving plates and top with prawns and chilli. Serve with avocado mousse and lemon wedges to the side.
This recipe has been tested.